- We ask that the NBA support us in our prayers for Westoe Road Baptist Church.
- We thank God for our Pastor Julie and pray that God will bless her in her ministry
- We thank God for our Church family and especially remember those that can no longer attend. We pray for God's blessing for them and the Pastoral Team who faithfully visit each week
- We thank God for the many children who attend each week, Whizz Kids, Brownies, Boys Brigade, Anchor Boys, Kingdom Comp and Kingdom Kids. We pray for their leaders and families and ask God to bless them especially this Christmas.
- We thank God for the opportunity to look forward to celebrating our 200th Anniversary in 2018. We ask for God's blessing for the Planning Team and all those who will take part in the celebrations.
Wednesday, 22 November 2017
Wednesday, 15 November 2017
We are thankful for God giving us:
the opportunity to be a part of His witness in our village;
the premises in which we have worshipped since 1862.
We ask for support with our prayers, that He guides us in doing His work and shows us the direction that we should take.
Minister: Mr Donald Marston
Wednesday, 8 November 2017
Answered prayer concerning very difficult personal matters of members of our Messy Church congregation.
The young people and children who come along to our mid-week youth activities.
Successful completion of the work to our building and the Lord's provision of the finance.
The young people who come along to our weekly activities on Wednesday and Thursday evenings, that they will grow in faith in the Lord Jesus.
Those in the Thursday evening group who are proving difficult and disruptive, for patience and wisdom in dealing with them.
Those who work with the youngsters.
Our Messy Church, both families who come along and those who help.
The Church Leadership Team, as they consider whether to be involved with Re|Engage.
The membership who are elderly, some housebound, those suffering bereavement.
(Our list could go on!!!!!)
Minister: Rev Gary Collier
blackhillbaptist.org.uk (and FB)
Wednesday, 1 November 2017
Please pray for:
- Our new youth worker in her work gathering team and reaching out to children and young people in our area
- Our church family as we seek God's guidance in our decision about where we will meet as a church
Thank God for:
- The growing sense of unity, calling and excitement that seems to be emerging in our fellowship
- A new house group that is bringing in people with a hunger to meet God, and who are encountering Him in a new way
ecbaptistchurch.org.uk (and FB)
Wednesday, 25 October 2017
We are thankful for:
· The wise guidance of our moderator, John Singleton, and the faithful ministry of those within the fellowship and beyond.
· The growth in our children's Teatime Club, and the great teamwork of everyone involved.
· The five young people who went to Kairos Camp in the summer and the resulting growth in relationships.
We are praying for:
· Our growth as a "healthy church".
· Continued inspiration for our youth and children's workers.
· A treasurer! We are so grateful for Martin James' support with keeping our finances in order, but are aware that we need someone from our own church to take on this important role.
headlandbaptistchurch.co.uk (and FB)
Wednesday, 18 October 2017
We have an amazing God who continues to surprise us with His gracious answers to prayer. We have been blessed with about 12 people, with wonderful gifts in preaching, worship leading and children's work, joining our congregation.
Praise God for the connections that are being forged in the community with the local primary schools, the development with Mother and Toddler groups, Bowls club and a predominately ladies Monday afternoon 'An Open Door' group.
Praise God for our 'Minister in Training', David Etherington and his wife Catherine who has just embarked on a new career, working with the Christian Charity, The Naked Truth Project.
Pray that God will give us wisdom as we integrate our new partners in Christ to the fellowship and ignite the whole church into creative ways to make Jesus known in our community.
Pray for the planned activities leading up to Christmas particularly the 'Light Party' for children as an alternative to Halloween and the planned 'Christmas Journey' work with schools.
Pray for the people that are coming into contact with the church, to experience the wonderful love of Jesus for themselves.
Pray for discernment as to how we minister to the broken in our community.
Minister in Training: David Etherington / on FB
Monday, 9 October 2017
Thank you for praying last year concerning the safety of 'our' converted, ex-Muslim asylum-seekers. There are many other issues but we thank the Lord that there have been none concerning personal safety. Please keep praying!
We have been minus an assistant minister for 15 months and our Church Secretary has just announced that he will step down at the end of the year - after a tenure in which he has helped us through some big and much-needed changes. Give thanks for what has been achieved and pray for fresh growth under God's guidance.
We are about to apply for planning permission for some changes to our building, and there's a big element of faith in the financial side of that - please pray that we're doing the right thing!
Senior Minister: Rev Andrew Waugh
stocktonbaptistchurch.co.uk (and FB & Twitter)